Monday, June 22, 2009

What a Beautiful Day

We had a beautiful day here in China today. Clear sky's the whole day with no humidity! It was beautiful. Our leader Natalie has been here five times and has only seen blue sky on one of those trips before. Praise the Lord for beautiful weather.
we had another great day filled with games and art projects today. Tonight we are going for a dumpling dinner and then we are going to have a girls night with Stacy and Wendy. Remember Stacy is the one we gathered yarn for and Wendy is another orphan her age who is a paraplegic. They are going to dinner with us tonight and then we are going to do some special things for them. They are sweet girls. I hope they enjoy what we have planned for them.
Tomorrow we are going to the Great Wall and will be doing an alpine slide down the hill apparently. It sounds like a blast and I cannot wait! An alpine slide on the Great Wall! Who knew I would be saying that one day.
I am going to leave you with some of my favorite pictures so far. I hope you enjoy them. I miss you all back in the states but I know I will be seeing most of you very soon. I am having the time of my life here. How I thank God for giving me such an amazing experience!
Blessings!
Vanessa



T and me with the twins


Smile!


Me and my Jacob-Jai


Jacob-Jai and Kennedy


Eating the chalk!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vanessa,
    Jennifer & I have been reading your wonderful blog and have found it to be one our highlights of the day. God bless you and the ladies for having the courage and obedience to overcoming your fears and nerves to do his work and God bless Chad and everyone else for supporting you on this mission. Sharing this trip with us brings back some very fond memories of our adoption adventure with Savannah. Just think of what you would have missed out on if you hadn't gone forward with his will. :-)

    Thank you,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete