Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Trip to the ER

Let me first start off by saying it sounds a lot worse than it really is. Here's the scoop.
I have now been sick for more than 10 days. When it started I thought no big deal, I have plenty of time to get better. Well Friday and Saturday turned out to be worse than the previous days. I was stuffing myself with Dayquil,Sudafed, and Advil for the pain. No luck. I woke up this morning at 4:30 with a bad sore throat and thought I need to get to a DR. quick for some meds or I am not going to China. SO after a confirmation call to my mother (sorry mom) I woke up Chad and we were on our way. We sat in there for quite some time. As I suspected it was Sinusitis (Sinus Infection). They put me on two meds, one being a form of Steroids, and told me to go to the store and buy Mucinex and a Salene nasel rinse. So while my head is still hurting (yes I am still taking Advil for the pain) I am praying and hoping I am now on the way to recovery. I stayed home from church while Chad got dressed and went right there. I am so thankful to have a sweet husband that will sit in the ER with me. Needless to say he slept most of the afternoon.
While we were in the ER we overheard a very sad situation. They had a 9 month old baby coming in who was in Cardiac Arrest. You could hear everyone getting ready for the babies arrival and once the ambulance got there they moved really quickly. I overheard them say the mother last saw the baby awake at 4:30 and now it was 6:30 and here was this baby in the ER not breathing. I was discharged right in the middle of it all but as we were leaving we saw the room full of doctors and emergency personal administrating CPR. I was really upset about it. It really did not look good. I am sure I will never know what really happened but it completly broke my heart. What must those parents have been going through? I felt like God almost put me in that situation to prepare me for what I will be witnessing in China. The orphanage is going to be filled with lots of children with lots of sad stories. This is such a sad reality of life. There is hurt, there is suffering, and there are sad situations that seem completely unfair. I know that our God is a loving God and allows everything to happen for a reason. Where would compassion come from if we lived in a perfect world. Sometimes God has to put us through the refining fire to make us better than we were before we went in it. I love that God always knows what He is doing. Praise the Lord!

Prayer Requests
*For me continue to get better
*The family of the baby from the ER this morning

Less than 2 days left! Oh my oh my!!!
May your week ahead be blessed.

~Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment