Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our Destination

Well it has been confirmed. We will spend the whole duration of our trip at Shepherd's Field (which is through the Philip Hayden Foundation). I am very excited to see what the Lord will do here. This is home to more than 100 special needs orphans. Our leader Natalie had some very encouraging words as she said that the Lord must have things for us to accomplish here. She said her devotional verse this morning was Romans 8:28- "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Isn't it great that we serve a God that makes plans for us and they always turn out better than the ones we try and make for ourselves? I forget this sometimes when my plans don't turn out the way I wanted them to or thought they would. But then the Lord revels it to me and I always ask myself "why was I trying to take so much control of that situation myself?" Thank you Lord for planning this trip the way you want it to go!
If you want to read more check out this web site.
http://www.chinaorphans.org/shepherdsfield.php

Prayer Requests
~For those that we will meet at Shepherds Field. I hope that they will be able to
feel our love and know that there are people who care about them.
~For our team leader Natalie that her stress be aliviated now that our plans have
been firmed up

Only 6 more days until D-Day (Departure Day)!

Vanessa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment