Thursday, June 25, 2009

Goodbyes and Teary Eyes

Well today was the day. It was time to say goodbye to the kids at the orphanage. We spent the morning handing out party bags from yesterdays birthday theme. I was very sad to say goodbye to my Jacob-Jai. After that I spent a few moments holding a few of the babies including the new baby that arrived yesterday. I was sad and teary eyed through most of it, but the worst was yet to come. Stacy had become quite close to us and you could tell she really enjoyed the time she got to spend with us. She was at the inn to say her goodbyes and she started to cry. I completely lost it. We were all hugging her and crying. We told her how much she meant to us and that we would keep in touch but that isn't the same as having us there. She stayed the whole time we were leaving and waved as we were pulling out of the driveway. the worst was when our team leaders 7 year old daughter started wailing saying "I'm going to miss Stacy, I'm going to miss Stacy." UG so heartbreaking!!! I wish I knew how long Stacy stood there or how she felt after we left. What must that be like to have people come in and show you how special you are and then a few days later have them leave you. There is a very special couple staying there that want to take good care of Stacy and I know that they were there to help comfort her. I will have to tell you that story later, its pretty amazing.
We then got on the bus and went for another McDonald's meal. we were then on our way to check into our hotel. Our hotel is VERY nice. The beds are super hard but no biggie. We then went and did a tour of an old village which was neat. We even got to go into one of the houses and visit with the family. There house was very tiny but it worked. It made me think about how little you really need in order to survive. We then went to a tea house and learned the traditional way to prepare Chinese team. It was neat because they prepared five different kinds of tea for us and it was cool to learn how they prepare their tea. After tea we went and did some shopping at the Pearl Market. At first I was not too crazy about it because they are very aggressive with their "deal making". But after awhile I settled down and while I didn't get the best deals I got quite a bit of stuff for a fair amount of money. In facts I probably went a little overboard. I am going to have some explaining to do when I get home. We finished up the day with some good old Tex Mex again followed by Haagen Daaz for dessert. It was good to have different food today, my stomach wasn't as grumpy.
Tomorrow is my last full day here in China. I have had such a great time with this team. It is like I have been on a trip with people I have known for years. On Saturday will come more goodbyes and will probably include more tears. I can't believe what an amazing thing God has put together with this team. He knew every person that was going to be on this trip and He has made it so we work so well together. How am I going to say goodbye to people I have pretty much lived with for 10 days? But now I have friends spread out all over the United States and that is something very special. I remember how sad I was when I didn't get chosen for the other trip, but this was so much better. God is good and faithful all the time. he has shown me that He can plan things far better than I can ever plan for myself. I am ready to go home and see Chad and Milo. Apparently Milo is very upset int he morning as all she does is go MEOW MEOW MEOW. I told Chad she is wondering where I am.
Well I better get off so I can go spend some more time with my new friends. We are having girl time in me and Ana's room tonight! Should be some good times! I will be on tomorrow and tell you about my last day here in China :(
Hope all is well back home!
Vanessa


The Team in Front of PHF


Stacy Saying Goodbye


Riding Through China

1 comment:

  1. Hey there honey.I am glad to hear that you are having an awesome time and can't wait to go back. I hope you did not get tooour of control with the gifts that you bought. Well enjoy your last little bit in China and I cant wait to see you when you come home. I Lve You and miss you!!

    Chad

    ReplyDelete