Sunday, June 7, 2009

For Stacy

I know that going to China is going to be an exciting yet heartbreaking experience. I did not however anticipate my heart being broken prior to leaving.
I want to tell you about Stacy. Stacy is 19 and lives at the Philip Hayden Orphanage. Stacy has burns on most of her body. I am not sure what the story is or how she received her burns, but basically Stacy will have no future outside of a trade in China. This is true for most older orphans such as Stacy. Stacy has learned how to knit and spends her time knitting little sweaters which are sold in stores. This allows her to learn life lessons on saving, making money exchanges and budgeting. The orphanage has asked that if we can donate yarn to Stacy, to please do so. It would really make Stacy feel special and boost her self-esteem. They are looking for yarn in colors and textures people would personally put on their own children. Ideally they are looking for 15-20 skeins in each color so she can make multiple sweaters.
If you happen to have any spare yarn to donate, or wish to buy some to donate, please let me know. In addition, the Philip Hayden orphanage is looking for soy formula to be donated as well. I am sure most of you remember a few months ago when China found there was lead in their formula which resulted in children getting very ill and dying. If you would like to donate soy formula (powder only no liquid please) let me know. Both gifts would be a huge blessing to the children in China. I know many of you have donated so many gifts already. Thank you for being such a strong support and blessing to me and the children.
My trip is only 9 days away now. Reality is really starting to sink in. My head cold has gotten worse which is not good. I need to get better quickly as the whole month of June is jammed packed with activities.

Prayer Requests for Today
*My head cold, that the Lord heals me quickly
*For Stacy and the other older orphans. May we help them to feel special while we
are there.

Thank you for your prayers. Please let me know if I can return the favor.
~Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment