Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thank You for Blessing the Children of China

I have been thoroughly blessed! Many of you got support letters to help with my expenses for my trip. I am happy to say that you generously provided all but $18 for my trip! Praise the Lord. This really helped as I had to buy other supplies for my theme day as well as some necessities for me.
In addition, I sent a letter out to the parents at the school asking people to donate supplies if they felt led to do so. I got a great response from quite a few parents and co-workers. Here is what was donated.
9 Pairs of scissors
12 glue sticks
1 box of 48 crayons
1 pack of 50 markers
17 rolls of yarn for Stacy
2 bottles of toothpaste
An endless amount of pencils, pens, erasers, and highlighters
4 handmade cards for Stacy
And a whopping 83 TOOTHBRUSHES!

Here is what the loot looks like


Milo with the gifts for the orphanage


Handmade cards for Stacy (the kids in my class made them)

You have all showed me what true giving is. I thank the Lord for you and your generosity. I know that a lot of you out there are praying for me and I really appreciate that. We are down to 2 days now and nerves are starting to set in.

Prayer Requests
*My head is still killing me. Please pray for immediate healing
*My nerves about flying to be calmed
*I accomplish everything that needs to be done prior to me leaving

Thank you again for giving so generously to God's children. You will be blessed ten fold for doing so!
In Him,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment