Monday, June 15, 2009

The Time has Come

Well here I am, the eve of my departure. It's hard to believe that in less than 12 hours now I will be on the plane on my way to Beijing! I can't believe it. I'm started to get nervous about flying and sad about leaving Chad. I am also feeling bad for Milo because you can tell she knows something is going on. She keeps following me and staying real close. I am trying to tell her everything is OK and that I will be back. I am feeling better today but my head is still blocked a bit. I am sure my head will hurt when I land, but thankfully it will only be temporary. This is it. This is what I have been preparing for these past few months. Everything has fallen into place and now it is time for me to go and see how God is going to use me.
Since we will no longer be traveling within China any more (remember we will not be flying to Fushun) we are allowed to bring more baggage. I can check in two pieces of luggage and bring a bag and a purse on the plane. I would say about 60-75% of my checked baggage will be left at the orphanage so it will be a lot lighter on the way home. This also meant I was able to bring more than 4 outfits (yippee)! I was also given some space saving bags which helped me a lot (Thanks Jen)!
I want to thank everyone who has been praying for me over the last couple of days. I have gotten so many encouraging words by so many people. It really shows me how blessed I am to have so many special people in my life. I know that you are going to continue to pray for me while I am gone and probably after I return. For this I thank you and I will return the favor anytime. I was told I would have internet access over in China so the plan is to continue to update this blog while I am gone. If you don't hear anything from me than it is probably because I could not get internet access or it was too expensive to purchase. Either way you will get a full update when I return :)

Prayer Requests
*Safety for the team as we travel by plane tomorrow
*We all get to where we need to be once we are in China
*That I am not in too much pain as I land tomorrow
*For God to prepare my heart for what I am going to endure while I am there
*For the children (always please pray for the children)

I know this entry was a little, well basically all over the place. Thanks for listening to me rant as I get ready. I am super excited, but I am not too great on an airplane. I know I know, GOD IS WITH ME!

Love,
Vanessa


Some other luggage Pics



All the stuff for my theme day and some gifts for the nannies



Believe it or not it all fit!

2 comments:

  1. Well by now you should be in China and all settled in, hope the flight went well and that you are feeing 100% better! Hard to believe you are going away for this long, and with sooo few outfits ... Ha!

    Looking forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Everyone ... Vanessa is having issues accessing her blog from China. She is there, safe and sound. She got to meet the entire team and says all instantly gelled. They made their first visit to the orphanage, and is excited for the rest of the time. Hopefully she'll get access figured out, but just wanted to pass on a bit of the info!

    ReplyDelete