Friday, August 7, 2009

This Might Possibly be the Next Big Thing

So as some of you may know, Chad and I have been talking about buying a house for the last 16 months. When we got married two years ago, it was the peak of the real estate market which made it impossible for us to buy a home because this area is so gosh darn expensive! Little did we know that within a few months of us getting married, the market would crash sending home prices way down. So last April we began talking about it and since then we have gone back and forth trying to decide if this was a good decision for us or not. Every time we tried before it seemed as though something would fall through or we would be missing something that we really needed in order to buy. Throughout the months I just kept asking God to help us, guide us, and reserve that special place for us.
Well last Wednesday I got a call from our real estate agent who said that the market is starting to pick up and if we wanted to buy, it would be wise to try and do it now. So after making a few calls, we found that the components that had been missing before were now there. Things were falling into place. We decided that we would give it a try and if it works out then great. If not, we still have our condo which is in a location that we love.
Now our real estate agent is the mother of one of my students from last year. She is a neat Christian lady who is dedicated to getting the best deal for her clients. She has gotten houses for quite a few people at Calvary and I trust her very much. So on Wednesday we went out and did our first round of house hunting. We looked at 12 houses in about 4 hours! There was stuff out there that just completely scared me, and stuff out there that I loved but would need a lot of work. Basically anything we buy will most likely need work, which is OK with me as long as we have the money to put into it. The frustrating part was that a lot of what we saw had multiple offers on it and would most likely be sold for way more than it was listed. How is that really happening?!?! The inventory is low and from the outside looks pretty hopeless. However, I serve a great God who is capable of making ANYTHING happen. We have been praying that God saves the right place for us and gives it to us in the right time. Maybe this won't happen right now, and I trust that God knows exactly what He is doing. I do need to pray for patience, when I get set on something happening, I try and find ways to make it happen. But this needs to be in Gods hands because He knows better than I do.
I would like to ask for prayer for Chad and myself. Pease pray that God does keep that special place for us and that He blocks any other offers that might come in. Please pray for patience for us as we go through this very stressful time of our lives. And please pray that God gives us wisdome to not get in over our heads. I have come to realize that buying a house is a very exciting yet very scary thing. It would just be nice to get in before the market gets up there again. Well I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens!
Thank you for your prayers. I will keep you updated as things begin to happen :)
Love,
Chad and Vanessa


This is a scroll that I got in China. It has the bible verse Jeremiah 29:11 on it. I had my sister-in-law Corrin cut the ends off, matte, and frame it. I love how it came out and it will hamg in our bedroom. Someone gave me this verse when I first became a Christian and it has gotten me through a lot of tough times. I trust that God knows my heart, my dreams, and my desires. I know that one day He will open the door for us to own a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment