Saturday, August 29, 2009

Praises and Prayers for my JJ Boy...and Kyle too!



As I blogged about in China, there was one boy in particular that stole my heart. He is one of the sweetest boys I have ever met and it saddens me that he doesn't have a home with two loving parents. His name is Jacob-Jai and he has a clubbed foot . The way he walks looks very painful but he runs and plays just like the other children do. In the picture above he was eating the cake we bought for the birthday party themed day. I have never seen a child so excited to eat cake as he was on this day.
I read this week on a blog from the orphanage, that Jacob-Jai will be having surgery to correct his clubbed foot as soon as a hospital bed becomes available. This made me so happy to hear. While his surgery and recovery may take him off of his feet for awhile, my hope is that he will be able to walk normally after he has completely recovered. I learned while I was in China that Kristy Yamaguchi and Troy Aikman were both born with clubbed feet. They had them fixed and they turned out just fine :) Please pray for Jacob-Jai. Pray that a bed and the funds for his surgery will soon become available. Pray for a quick recovery and that his foot heals in a way that will allow him to walk properly. And of course pray that a loving Christian family will fall in love with him as I did and will take him home to his forever home. I would do it myself but I am not old enough :( Here's some more pictures of my sweet boy.


Having fun with a ball

How Jacob-Jai walks

Saying goodbye to Jacob-Jai

Kyle was another boy I blogged about in China. Kyle and Jacob-Jai actually live in the same house. Kyle was the boy we found in his house upstairs, playing all by himself. Kyle was up there because he had both of his legs in casts. Both of his feet had been clubbed and he has had corrective surgery to fix them. Because both of his feet were clubbed, Kyle has never been able to walk. We just got word that his casts have been taken off. The surgery was a success and he is now wearing braces to keep his feet straight. Please pray for Kyle's feet, may they continue to heal and that he will one day be able to walk. He too is a sweet boy who lit up every time someone would enter the room. I pray that he too will get his forever home very soon.
Sweet Kyle with his leg casts

Thanks for praying for these two sweet little boys. I know God has them in His hands and He is going to take care of them. Perhaps one day Chad and I will be able to help a child with clubbed feet.
In Him,
Vanessa

1 comment:

  1. We adopted one of Jacob Jai foster sisters from PHF and fell in love with Jacob Jai. We have been praying and searching for his file for a year. Please join with us in praying that this wonderful boy's file is found and that the family God intended for him be ready. We are ready just in case and praying that family is us, but our prayers focus on getting him a home. You and I know from meeting him what a special guy he is.

    ReplyDelete