Friday, August 14, 2009

A Special Couple for a Special Girl

So yes, once again I am taking you back to China with me. This is something I have wanted to blog about for sometime but for various reasons, I have not been able to do so yet. Before I left for China I told you about a very special 19 year old girl named Stacy. While I was in China, I found out Stacy's story. Stacy spent the first few years of her life living with her family. She had a mom, dad, and younger sister. One day she was home with her sister and she was playing with matches. She ended up setting herself on fire and as a result suffered burns to many different parts of her body. After the incident her parents decided they could no longer care for her and gave her up. My heart ached to hear this story. It got harder as the week went on and we spent time with Stacy. She was such a sweet girl and the more time she spent with us, the happier she seemed to be. She went to dinner with us quite a bit and we were able to bless her by doing her nails and even buying her some special gifts. She would proudly show us her beautiful sweaters that she was knitting and posed happily for us with the one she had already finished. She really is a very special girl.
While we were there a couple arrived from Washington. They would be living at the orphanage for one year to serve with their entire hearts. As the week went on at the orphanage, I found out this couples story and how they had come to the decision to serve at the orphanage for a year. J and C (as I will refer to them as) had two sons. A few years back their two sons, J's father, and her nephew went out fishing in the ocean I believe. They never came back. To this day they are still not sure what happened. All they knew was that they had lost two sons, a father and a nephew all in one day. They felt as if they had lost everything that was important to them. They did realize that both of their sons had given their lives to Jesus and so they knew they were same in the arms of the Lord. Last year J and C came to the orphanage with their church and fell in love with Stacy. They wanted to bring her home but because of her age, they were unable to do so. So a year after their first visit to the orphanage they returned to serve for a year and grow closer to Stacy. What an amazing couple. They were so sweet and caring. I cannot imagine loosing so much in a single day such as this dear sweet couple did. But here they are, making a difference for Stacy and the other children at the orphanage. That's faith! We serve a God that gives and takes away. We think certain things in our life will make us happy but nothing will truly satisfy us like Jesus can. What will we do with our lives when we loose thing that we think are important? Will we give up and pout or will we trust in the Lord, knowing that He knows what is best and use it for something positive. J and C have changed a part of me forever and I am so happy that I got to spend time with them. They are very open about their story and I could see that they were truly trusting that God knew what was best for them. I know they will love on Stacy as much as they can over the next 10 months (they have been there for 2 already)! Please pray for them and for Stacy. May the Lord keep all three of them in His hands and bless them in ways they never thought possible. I thank God for allowing me to meet such a Godly couple. I know God is going to use them in ways they never thought possible.
Remember, God ALWAYS knows best. He wastes NOTHING!!!
Vanessa


Emma doing Stacy's nails

Proudly showing off her work

Look at her go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment