Thursday, December 31, 2009

What Year it has Been!

It is still hard for me to believe that this is the last day of 2009. Chad and I have had an amazing year, it really will be hard to top. I had hoped to write a family letter to include with our Christmas picture card this year, but other things got the better of me. To remember and show what God has done in our life this year I thought I would at least take the time to blog about it. So let the recap of 2009 begin!

Together Chad and I have had a whirlwind of a year. We began the year by going to Tahoe for a long weekend of skiing and hanging out alone. We had a great time despite me taking Chad out on the bunny hill. I found myself wiped out after a few short runs and let him take off to do the more advanced hills. In July we took a road tip to Vegas and took in the sights for a few days. We then headed down to Victorville to visit with his family for a few days. While in the LA area we went to both a Dodger and an Angels game. We hope to be able to visit every ball park in the country, we know this is a goal that will take years. Upon returning from vacation we received a call from our real estate agent saying that if we wanted to buy a house, now is the time to do it. We hopped on the house hunting wagon and 30 or maybe 45 houses later we finally got the news that our bid on one of the houses had been accepted. We moved into out new home on October 17. What a blessing this home is and we are so thankful that God made one of our biggest dreams come true. We have been working non-stop on house projects since move in day, and the projects will continue for years to come. But hey we are enjoying it!



Chad has continued to work hard at In-N-Out. He began the year by being flown down south for his very first kick off dinner. The kick off dinner is a black tie event that In-N-Out throws annually and is usually only attended by first managers and those above first managers. Basically Chad was surrounded by In-N-Out royalty, a dream come true for him. He made his rounds around a couple different stores landing in Gilroy just in time for the busy Christmas shopping season. The biggest news came in October when Chad found out he would be opening the newest San Jose store just after the first of the year. He will still be a second manager but this is a huge opportunity for him to get a leg up in the company. We are thinking a promotion is somewhere in the near future but we are trusting that God is going to allow that to happen when Chad is fully ready for the responsibilities. Chad will celebrate his ten year anniversary with the company this May.



I had a busy year myself. I started my second year as a Kindergarten teacher at Calvary Chapel Christian School. It's a job that definitely keeps me going. I continue to tutor the two children that I have been working with for over two years now. My biggest news of the year came in March when I prayerfully decided to go on a mission trip to China. It had been something I had wanted to do for years and I finally decided to go for it. The trip was more than I could have ever imagined. The Lord worked though me and my teammates as we worked with the children at Shepard's Field, an orphanage that is home to 100 special needs children. I made lots of new friends who are located all around the USA. My heart was broken many times on my trip but I completely fell in love with the country. I want to go back desperately but I am waiting to see what the Lord wants me to do. Upon returning from China I started training for my very first triathlon. I completed my first sprint triathlon in late September which was a huge accomplishment for me. I hope to continue doing more races in 2010 and I hope to get Chad on board. Right after our big move in October, I got Swine Flu and battled that for weeks. I am just now returning to normal and hope that I will not fall ill again for at least another year.



Milo our cat has fit right into our family. In February Chad (dad) built her a kitty condo. I think it is more like a kitty paradise. She was a little distraught over my absence while I was in China and she was very confused when we moved to a new house. It took her about a week to adjust to her new home but she is right at home now. Her favorite things to do are sleep in the front window and cuddle with me or Chad. We are very thankful for such a sweet kitty.



Well that pretty much sums up our year. We are so thankful for the many blessings that the Lord bestowed on us this year. We are very thankful for you all as well. We do not know where we would be without all of our family and friends. We pray that you and your families are well and that you receive a multitude of blessing in the year ahead. God Bless and happy 2010!
-Chad, Vanessa, and Milo

No comments:

Post a Comment