Friday, November 27, 2009

A Long, Overdue, Floyd Update

What happened to her?! You may or may not be asking where the heck I went to. Life took over and our laptop went into the shop (again) so it has been hard for me to sit here at the desktop and write a complete blog. However the more time goes on the more I have to write about! I guess I don't have to, but where is the fun in that?!
Well, last time I left you I had just completed my first triathlon and we were gearing up to move out of our tiny condo and into our very first home. Moving date was October 17 and boy what a job that was. We were blessed by many friends and family members who were able to help us on that day. We really couldn't have done it without them. We loaded everything up and in one U-Haul swoop, most of the stuff was out of our condo. It was tough moving an entire household of stuff but well worth it in the end. We are settling in well and working little by little to make it our very own. We love home ownership so far, hopefully we will still feel the same way a year from now! FACT: Chad and I moved into our house on the 20th anniversary of the 1989 Loma Preita earthquake. For those of you who may not be familiar with what I am talking about it was a huge 6.9 earthquake that shook our area in a way that most people had never experienced before. Chad and I were 6 at the time but we were old enough to remember the events of that date. We are prayerfully hoping that if we ever endure another earthquake of such size that the Lord puts a hedge of protection around our home and does not let there be any damage to it or all who live inside. I'm not gonna lie, earthquakes scare the heck out of me.
The move actually threw my back out and I was unable to go to work on the following Monday. I was in immense pain and spent the whole day on my back. I returned to work Tuesday only to come down with a horrible headache on Thursday. Well low and behold each day got progressively worse until Sunday when the body aches were unbearable. To urgent care we went and a simple test later showed I had the dreaded H1N1 virus. lol, yes I got swine flu. I missed an entire week as a result. Returned to work the following Monday which we figured out later was way too early. By Tuesday I had relapsed and each day got worse and worse. Sunday was awful and I called the doctors and my boss. Upon hearing me my boss said there is no way you can come in sounding like that. To make a long story short I had come down with an awful congestion, cough, yuck I don't even know what it was cold and missed ANOTHER full week of work! I have never missed so much work, not even close. And wouldn't you know it now I am fighting a sinus infection. The pain is horrible and the meds they have me on do not seem to be helping me very much. Thanksgiving day was a mess, I was in so much pain I was in tears. There has to be relief soon, although at this point we are starting to wonder if there is something in the house that is making me sick. Oh how I hope that is not the case.
In between all of my illnesses, there have been some exciting events as well. One of my best friends Yasemin is getting married in August and I am a BRIDESMAID!! I have known Yas since 6th grade and am thrilled to be able to be a part of her wedding. We went dress shopping the week after I had Swine and it was a blast. She picked out a gorgeous dress! We get to wear brown dresses which I am absolutely thrilled about! I have always wanted a brown bridesmaid dress.
My other good friend Autumn is having a baby in January. I was lucky enough to be able to throw a baby shower for her. It was my first real big hosting job and while it was a lot of work it was totally worth it at the end. We had a ton of god food, fun games, and good laughs. I cannot wait to meet Micah Reed Lindsey in January.
Chad is doing well also. He got moved to the Gilroy In-N-Out and had a black Friday like no other. A 12 hour shift starting promptly at 5:30am! What a man I tell ya. He has another exciting move coming up in about another month, he will be opening the new San Jose In-N-Out located close to the airport. I am so proud of my Burger man. Next stop, store manage ;)
So now we are preparing for Christmas. I have been trying all day to get Christmas stuff up but I have to stop after a couple minutes and take a rest. This darn headache will not go away! I have had it for 6 weeks now and I am a bit tired of it. I would like to reach out for prayer. I do not know exactly what is going on, but if you could pray for the Lord's healing upon me. I do not want to spend another month sick and out of commission. I appreciate all of your prayers and support.
Chad and I are very blessed, and you are a big part of that!
Hopefully more updates soon.


  1. Hi! I just realized you're following our blog, so I thought I'd pop over and take a look at yours! You sound like a lovely couple!

    I'm up in the middle of the night doing some blog walking and God talking, so I'll pray for you and your headaches. Your post was from a few weeks ago, so I hope things have changed for the better!

    Have a fantastic Christmas in your new home!

  2. Looking back through your blog!

    Did Jacob-Jai find his forever family? Is he with an agency? Will pray for the little guy!

    P.S. My email addy is on the sidebar of our blog.