Friday, July 17, 2009

We are Weak but HE is Strong


I know I have shared with a lot of you that one of my favorite things about the orphanage was listening tot he children singing Jesus Loves Me. I have not told you about the way that a special boy named Grady sings it. Grady is in the picture above. He is 14 and has Scoliosis. As a result he walks with crutches, but he does not let them slow him down. What is special about the way that Grady sings Jesus Love Me is that when he sings the part "we are weak but he is strong," he throws down his crutches and puts his arms in the muscle man position. This boy knows he is weak by himself yet knows he has strength in Jesus. It is probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I wish I had a video of him doing it, but I do not. I was able to get video from one of my other teammates that shows two younger girls singing it as well as Jamison and Gregg singing while on the swings. I am so glad this was captured on video. I am going to post the one of the girls singing and save the other one for a different day. Please pray for Grady. He does not have much time left to be adopted. Anyone who adopts this sweet boy will be blessed immensely.





*Sigh* I miss China very much! I hope you were blessed by this video.
Have a great weekend!
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment